- Born in Nova Scotia, Canada; teenage years in Switzerland.
- Born and reared in Jackson Mississippi.
- One son, Jeff, married to the former Jessica Lloyd Davis and twograndsons, Ethan and Evan.
- (1954-56) Ecole Lemania, Switzerland, Diplome Francaise
- (1956-58) Elim Bible College, New York, Diploma of Theology
- (1958-61) Louisiana State, Lafayette, Bachelor of Music
- (1961-62) University of Texas, Austin, graduate work in music
- (1962-64) Southwestern at Memphis (Rhodes College) graduate vocal coaching with Neumon Leighton
- (1953-58) Eastman School of Music, Rochester, NY, Bachelor and Master of Music degrees
- (1958-61) Music faculty Louisiana State, Lafayette
- (1961-62) Piano faculty University of Texas
- (1965-67) Ron: Soloist for Haggai Evangelistic Association.
- (1967-90) Ron and Patricia Owens ministered through their Sermons In Song in many different churches and served as Music/Worship leaders for various Bible conferences in the USA and internationally.
- (1970) Their first international ministry trips to Asia and East Africa.
- (1971-76) Ron Owens: Director of International Christian Center in Chateau d’Oex, Switzerland.
- (1977-1987) Along with Manley Beasley, Ron was co-founder and co-director of International Congress on Revival. Meetings were held in Europe.
- (1985) Ron and Patricia received their first invitation to minister in the Soviet Union.
- (1987-90) Ron served as Director of International Congress On Revival
- (1983-1990) The Owens were affiliated in ministry with Dr. Stephen Olford.
- (1991-2000) Ron served as associate to Dr. Henry Blackaby in the Office of Prayer and Spiritual Awakening at the North American Mission Board of theSouthern Baptist Convention.
- (1998-2002) The Owens served as Music and Worship consultants to the International Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention. They had opportunities to minister in several countries in different parts of the world, but had special focus in Russia.
- (2003 to 2006) Music and Worship consultants to the Slavic Gospel Association. This involved many trips to Russia for personal involvement in the training of Music Worship Leaders for the churches of the former USSR.
- (2007 to present) Continuing to minister in different capacities: Ron in preaching and teaching, and Ron & Patricia together through their music ministry. They are devoting more time for writing projects, while the training of Christian musicians for the evangelical churches of Russia remains a special interest.
Writing and Recording:
- Cantatas and Musicals
- Congregational Hymnbook
- Other published songs
- Ron, author of several books
- “Return To Worship” (Broadman & Holman)
- “They Could Not Stop The Music” (Fresh Springs Foundation)
- “Worship: Believers Experiencing God” (Co-authored with Henry Blackaby; published by Lifeway Publications)
- “Manley Beasley: Man of Faith, Instrument of Revival” (CrossHouse Publishing)
- “Iris: Trophy of Grace” (CrossHouse Publishing)
- “Call Me Blue” (CrossHouse Publishing)
- “The Milldale Story” (CrossHouse Publishing)
- “Ron Dunn: His Life and Mission” (B&H Books)
- Recorded numerous records/cassettes and CD’s.